You’ve heard the phrase, American by Birth—Southern by the Grace of God. And now comes a book that reminds us of the glory of being Southern! Just when you thought the liberal press had succeeded in grinding us into the ground with their barrage of derogatory patter, a glimmer of hope emerges, and Southerners are once again discovering that being Southern is a good thing after all—just like it used to be!
If you are proud of your Southern heritage, you’ll rejoice in Southern by the Grace of God. Many of us are proud to be Southern, but we don’t know just why. Since Southern history has been purged from the textbooks that children study today, our youth have little conception of a heritage. Even some of us that are older are not well grounded in it either. The author has gathered together the elements of our heritage and gives us a short course in our splendid legacy. It could be called a “handbook for Southerners.” The entire south is reflected in this work, from Oklahoma to Virginia, from Texas to Florida. There is no other book like it on the market today.
SOME FEATURES YOU'LL FIND:
* Biographical Sketches and Photos of Seven Confederate Heroes
* A Section on Southern Folklore
* 200 Old Photographs from 1853 through 1919
* A Humorous Southern Dictionary for Helping Yankees Better Understand Us
* A Chapter about the War Between the States
* A Genealogical Bonanza
* The Real Story of Reconstruction
* A Look at Why Southerners Are Special
* Recommended Reading List
This is the ePub/eBook version of this title. This is not the print edition.